Exam Two - Study Guide
Study the following for the second exam...
- Basic structure of a webpage.
- What about the DOCTYPE declaration? Can you write it like I can? Check it out...
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
- Know everything about writing HTML tables. We covered some very specific attributes and layout. Are you fluent?
- Can you write an form in HTML and do you understand all of the attributes and values associated with an HTML form?
- You should definitely know the difference between and be able to write external and internal stylesheets. This means you should be able to write all associated HTML tags and attributes.
- The difference between <div> and <span>.
- Can you identify the difference between the "id" and the "class" attribute? How would this effect a class in a stylesheet?
- Be sure that understand the details of CSS syntax. This includes being able to write "Times New Roman" as the font-family and referring to a background image in a class.
- You should know how to write a link and the pseudo classes that we covered. This also means being able to look at a directory structure and construct the value of an "href" attribute.
- Write an HTML comment. <style> tags for an internal stylesheet.
- You should be able to set the size, color, and family of the font.
- Can you set the color and background image of a webpage using CSS?
- Do you know what a pseudo-class is and how to implement one? What if you have two links menus on your pages and you want to apply different pseudo class styles to each of them?
Review course syllabus for times and email professor for clarification.